Hard water naturally contains more minerals such as lime, calcium, and magnesium.
These minerals leave behind residue like water spots on your dishes, buildup in your bathtub or shower, and even buildup on clothes that eventually will make them look dingy.
Soft water, on the other hand, has lower mineral content. In addition to the cleaner rinsing and less buildup you see with soft water, your appliances will also last longer. Dishwashers, washing machines, and water heaters don’t have to work as hard when they have soft water running through them and your pipes won’t have as many clogs. You may even save money on your utilities.
What is Water Conditioning?
Water conditioning removes or chemically changes the minerals in your home’s water so you see less residue, cleaner rinsing, and better-operating appliances.
The Benefits of Water Conditioning
- Appliances run better, last longer, and use less energy
- Fewer mineral deposits and clogs lengthen the life of your plumbing system
- Save money by using less soap and other cleaning products
- Fewer stains and less buildup on showers, bathtubs, and plumbing fixtures
- Fewer streaks or water spots on dishes
- Clothes remain brighter
- Softer hair and skin
It’s not a hard choice. Call our Whipple Service Champions and see what your water conditioning options are.